Monday, November 7, 2011

Springs Have Sprung


I don't usually go all out for holiday decor.  Instead, I like to add a few simple touches to create a little seasonal ambiance.  This Thanksgiving, I decided to use some old bed springs, to convey a sentiment of thankfulness. 


I started out with some salvaged bed springs that were taken from an old bed frame ~ I found it on a trash heap at a house my friend was demoing.  All I had to do was cut the springs off of the bed frame with some tin snips.  Here they are after they've been removed ~ I also love the way they look, casually tossed in a bowl. 


 For this easy project, in addition to the bed springs, all you need are:  
  • Paper Key Tags
  • Rubber Stamps
  • Ink Pad (color of your choice)

I found it much easier to stamp the letters on the key tag, if you remove the metal jump ring first, then reattach the ring to the tag once you are finished.


    After this step, all you have to do is "thread" the tag onto the coil of the bed spring and, "Voila!"~ you are finished.


    ~ A quick way to create a little holiday decor or add a word of sentiment to any event or setting ~


    I love these funky, old, rusty bed springs and the way they add a touch of "Thanksgiving" to this vignette in the dining room.  Be watching for more holiday tips and tricks throughout November and December.  Hoping you have a great week!

    Linking up today:  

    Tip Junkie handmade projects

    4 comments :

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...