Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Chair Makeover


Sometimes I think I'm just plain weird.  It would be so much easier to just go buy a chair from a retail store like most people.  Instead, I find myself traipsing around antique stores, flea markets, junk stores or thrift stores in search of a lost and lonely soul that needs a home.  Something about the genetics I guess...it's in my blood.


This find is of the thrift store variety ~ it set me back 4 bucks.  I just thought it had charm ~ and I love the barrel style.


I sprayed it black...


Recovered the cushion in a fine Belgian linen (a remnant I had)...


I love the end result....


Something about projects like this are quite therapeutic ~ any more weirdos out there like me? :)

Off to Austin to work on a mid century modern apartment ~ a diversion from the norm...but EXCITING.  Pics will soon follow.  Have a great week!

2 comments :

  1. A great find indeed! Nice job on this makeover. I wish I had your vision for things like this. Now that I am an avid Tattered Style blog watcher, maybe your creativity will rub off on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! You know how to make a girl's day!

      Hugs ~ Dana

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...