Thursday, July 5, 2012

That's a Wrap + A Little R&R


I'm happy to share the Dallas Market event is over and was a huge success.  Here I am at the main entrance of the World Trade Center in Dallas.  You may recall the blue receiving desk I'm standing beside ~ I posted about it here.  The market wanted to use it and the yellow signage (read about it here) as part of a display promoting the Vintage Home FINDS venue.  I was happy the two pieces made the cut!


A highlight of market week was the guest appearance of acclaimed chef ~ Curtis Stone.  He gave a lively and most entertaining cooking demonstration ~ and that Aussie accent made it all the more enjoyable.  My only disappointment ~ I didn't get chosen from the crowd to help assist him with a cooking demo ~ RATS!

I have to admit though, after an eventful few weeks of preparation for the show and the actual event itself, I was pooped!  So Tattered Style has been silent as I have regrouped and most importantly spent time with my family.


It's been a welcomed time of rest and relaxation and even included a mini vacation to Austin ~ more about that later.  Our mini getaway was extra special because it was the only time our family could coordinate schedules to get together over the summer.  The photo above was taken at Horseshoe Bay ~ it was the perfect day.


To end this post I would like to share this photo of Pinocchio with you.  He was one of the first items to sell from our space (collectively referred to as Stash) at the Dallas Market.  Gloria ~ my friend from A Modern Glo, found him at a literal fire sale.  He was wonderfully tattered and scooped up almost immediately to be used as part of a necklace by jewelry designer, Janet Waldrop of Skip 2 My Lou.  On a whim, as we were staging our place, I plopped him in this molded hand as if he were taking a rest.  I'm going to take my cues from Pinocchio and continue with my rest for a few more days, then I'll be back here sharing more on Tattered Style!  See you soon.  :)

2 comments :

  1. I want to be in Austin! Thanks for sharing Pinochio. Janet Waldrop with Skip to My Lou is the designer. Everything she does is amazing! Pinochio will defintely rise from the ashes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing Gloria! I think Pinocchio was everyone's favorite ~ along with Nurse Betty. Thanks for the info. on Janet. I updated the post to include her info. I would love to link up to her ~ does she have a website? XO

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...